Does your firm have an environmental policy? Here at Green and Co, we are committed to ‘doing our bit’ to try to minimize our office’s effect on the environment. But how do we go about that as an office-based firm?
- We recycle all possible waste, from paper, plastic, tin, glass, and cardboard, to cartridges and other office stationary.
- We shred our paper on site. We are even issued a certificate of environmental accomplishment that states how many trees we have saved from destruction!
- Where possible, we run a paperless office. Technology supersedes paper.
- We use biodegradable chemicals.
- We encourage a car-sharing policy for team-building days. Some members of staff manage to co-ordinate their commute to work on a regular basis.
- We remember to turn off not just computers, but the screens too when they are not in use and at the end of the day.
- Appliances such as coffee machines are on a timer.
- All our offices use low level lighting.
Our belief in the importance of shredding and recycling has been carried through to our Serviced Offices, Pembroke House. New developments at Pembroke House also include the installation of solar panels and automatic lighting in communal areas in order to reduce energy use.
We do all this to try to achieve a more environmentally friendly future. So why not think Green too, and join us in doing your bit for the environment?
Please note: This article is a commentary on general principles and should not be interpreted as advice for your specific situation.