1 April 2015
- Payment of corporation tax liabilities for SMEs account period ended 30 June 2014 where payment is not made by instalments.
- Reduction in main rate of corporation tax to 20%. Small profits rate is abolished except for ring-fence profits.
- Change to emission thresholds for business cars (zero rate ends).
- Application to defer Class 2 or 4 NICs for 2014/15 or claim exception for 2015/16.
- Multiple contractors to advise HMRC that they wish to be treated as a single contractor for 2015/16.
5 April 2015
- 2014/15 tax year-end.
- Ensure personal allowances, exemptions and tax bands are efficiently used.
- Deadline to pay previously unpaid Class 3 NICs for 2008/09.
6 April 2015
- Start of the 2015/16 tax year. Ensure payroll and other systems are updated.
- Personal allowances increased to £10,600.
7 April 2015
- Electronic filing and payment of VAT liability for quarter ended 28 February 2015.
14 April 2015
- Forms CT61 for quarter ended 31 March 2015.
- Quarterly CT instalment for large companies (depending on accounting year-end).
- EC sales list deadline for monthly paper return.
19 April 2015
- Payment of PAYE/CIS liabilities for month ended 5 April 2015 if not paying electronically.
- Payment for PAYE liability for quarter ended 5 April 2015 if average monthly liability is less than £1,500.
- File monthly CIS return.
21 April 2015
- File online monthly EC sales list.
- Submit supplementary intrastate declarations for March 2015.
22 April 2015
- PAYE liabilities should have cleared HMRC’s bank account.
30 April 2015
- Companies House should have received accounts of private companies with 31 July 2014 year-end and plcs with 31 October 2014 year-end.
- HMRC should have received Corporation Tax Self A returns for companies with accounting periods ended 30 April 2014.
If you have any questions regarding these deadlines, please contact us.
Please note: This article is a commentary on general principles and should not be interpreted as advice for your specific situation.
Photo credit: freedigitalphotos.net