Has your company spent money developing a new product or software? Have you made any advances in science and/or technology? If so you could be eligible for R&D uplift as high as 130% on your development expenses! Projects don’t have to succeed to claim.
Green & Co Accountants and Tax Advisors are running a seminar on the research and development tax relief system and how it may benefit your business. We are very lucky to have one of the HM Revenue & Customs most experienced R&D Tax Specialists presenting and he will provide an overview of the R&D schemes, the key aspects of making a claim and an analysis of qualifying expenditure.
Some of the many projects that have saved their companies substantial amounts of tax include:
- Logistics company that developed a bespoke IT system
- Signage company that produced a quicker drying ink
- Building block manufacturer that improved a process to recycle materials
- Bed manufacturer that developed an innovative spring system within mattresses
- Software to help users of mobile phones choose music
- Software managing claims for insurers
- Learning management system for mobiles
- System to monitor black boxes in hire vans
- Device to prevent underground train rollback
- System to share information between schools
- HR system to trace joiners, movers and leavers within large organisations
- Construction company that developed a fire retardant solution for timber treatment
“Many small business owners have never had access to information about claiming tax credits, and those that have were often not aware that their business qualified,” explained Barrie Kenyon, Partner Designate at Green & Co Accountants. “The Seminar explains what makes a business eligible and how to go about making a claim.”