Green & Co are a forward thinking and proactive, Chartered Certified Accountancy Practice, with a diverse range of successful clients and an excellent team environment. We have recently been awarded an Investors In People Gold Award and we are now seeking an accountant to join our team.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone wanting a career in accountancy, as the business has an excellent reputation for training and development of all their staff, in a friendly and warm environment.
Working within a “hands on” busy team, alongside the Accounts Manager and 8 other trainee and qualified accounts staff, it is essential for the individual to be an enthusiastic and motivated professional with the ability to work well under pressure.
This position offers a great deal of variety but key duties will include:
- Bank reconciliations from books of prime entry
- Working on the Purchase & Sales Ledger
- Supplier Statement reconciliations
- Using Sage and other accounts packages
- Using Excel on a daily basis to update spread sheets and databases
- Answering queries from clients, verbally and written, on a daily basis
The successful candidate will ideally be able to demonstrate:
- Having achieved an A level standard of education
- Having achieved AAT / ACCA accreditation or be qualified by experience
- A committed attitude to a career in accountancy
- Willingness to learn new skills and systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible attitude to your work
- Be proficient with Sage and MS Office packages