2017 is flying by and changes to Landlord regulations seem to be keeping pace. So we would like to invite you to attend the 3rd Gwent Landlord Forum of this year, taking place on Wednesday 31 May between 6pm and 8pm, at The Parkway Hotel and Spa.
As always, our invitation goes out to all who may be interested so if you know someone who is a landlord or thinking about becoming a landlord, please do pass this invitation on to them – we are always happy to welcome new guests.
Neil Soundy of Neil Soundy Financial Services Limited will be talking about:
- Buying via Limited Company/Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV)/Trading Company.
- Lower rental coverage requirements via Limited Company/SPV.
- Buying Multi Unit Block or HMO.
- Basic taxation on Limited Company Buy To Let (BTL)
- Use of Tenancy in Common on existing personal BTL’s
- Possibility of transferring existing personal BTL’s to Limited Company.
- Airbnb for landlords
Daniel Bellis, Policy Officer with the Residential Landlords Association (RLA) will be speaking about:
- The Renting Homes Act and how they are creating standardised contracts across the rental sector.
- He will also cover other changes, such as Fit for Human Habitation regulations, changes in abandonment procedure and changes to joint contracts.
- With over 20 different regulation still to finalise before landlords start using the new system, a lot has already changed since the Act was first passed.