Eligible restaurants and other establishments serving food for on-premises consumption can now sign up to a new government initiative aimed at protecting jobs in the hospitality industry and encouraging people to safely return to dining out.
The Eat Out to Help Out registration service went live on Monday, allowing businesses to join the scheme announced by the Chancellor last week.
To register, you must have:
- the Government Gateway ID and password for your business
- the name and address of each establishment to be registered
- the UK bank account number and sort code for the business
- the address on your bank account for the business
You may also need your:
- VAT registration number (if applicable)
- employer PAYE scheme reference number (if applicable)
- Corporation Tax or Self-Assessment unique taxpayer reference
You can register your business here.
Once registered, you’ll receive a registration reference number which you’ll need when you claim your reimbursement.
HMRC have created a number of posters, images and other promotional material you can download to help promote the scheme and let your customers know that you’re taking part. You’ll also be added to a list of registered establishments that will be available to the public before the scheme goes live on 3 August 2020.
Please note: This article is a commentary on general principles and should not be interpreted as advice for your specific situation.