From 1 January 2021, you will need an Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) number to move goods between the UK and both EU and non-EU countries.
It takes 5 to 10 minutes to apply and can take up to a week to get your number.
To apply you need your:
- VAT number and the effective date of registration (if you’re VAT registered) – these are on your VAT registration certificate
- National Insurance number – if you’re an individual or a sole trader
- Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR)
- Business start date and Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) code – these are in the Companies House register
- Government Gateway user ID and password
You can apply here – https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/customs/register-for-cds/isle-of-man.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Please note: This article is a commentary on general principles and should not be interpreted as advice for your specific situation.